A look at President Trump's administration and the rest of Washington:
- Trump wants to boost defense spending by $54 billion, a 10% jump
- Justice Department shifts course in controversial Texas voting rights case
- Trump says "nobody knew healthcare could be this complicated."
- Trump says Hollywood's obsession with him led to Oscar snafu
- Trump's nominee for Navy secretary withdraws over financial conflicts
- Democrats pick Tom Perez to lead them from the political wilderness
Iran was on the verge of collapse until the U.S. gave it a "lifeline" in the form of the nuclear deal between Iran and six world powers, President Trump said Thursday.
"Iran has been formally PUT ON NOTICE for firing a ballistic missile," Trump tweeted. "Should have been thankful for the terrible deal the U.S. made with them!"
Trump was repeating comments made a day earlier by national security advisor Michael Flynn,
Trump also tweeted, "Iran was on its last legs and ready to collapse until the U.S. came along and gave it a life-line in the form of the Iran Deal: $150 billion."
Flynn said Wednesday that the "Obama administration failed to respond adequately to Tehran's malign actions" and put Iran "on notice," without elaborating on what actions may be taken.