Sports Dodgers Dodgers Now

Dodgers' Juan Uribe lands back on disabled list

Dodgers put Juan Uribe on disabled list because of hamstring injury

Another day, another Dodger on the disabled list.

Today, it’s third baseman Juan Uribe, who was pulled from last night’s game with tightness in his right hamstring. The move was called precautionary, since it’s the same hamstring that caused him to miss more than a month earlier in the season.

On Saturday, Uribe said that he injured it while chasing a foul ball down the third base line that was caught by catcher A.J. Ellis in the fifth inning. The bad news is that he also said that the hamstring felt the same way it did when he injured it in May.

Not wanting to have Uribe reinjure the hamstring, as he did in May, the Dodgers put him on the disabled list before their game against the Milwaukee Brewers.

“We want to play it a little bit cautiously with him, too, with it being the same leg,” Dodgers Manager Don Mattingly said. “Last time he felt good for four or five days, played three or four, and then he missed 30 days. That’s the one thing that we don’t want to have happen, so we’re going to be cautious.”

Mattingly is optimistic that with the rest, Uribe will only miss two weeks. With the Dodgers having three days off in the next 14 days, Mattingly is hoping Uribe will only miss 11 games. The 35-year old Uribe is batting .292, but has also missed 44 games this year.

After the addition of Uribe, the Dodgers have 10 players on the disabled list, including Hanley Ramirez, who is out with a right oblique strain.

Mattingly said that he thinks Ramirez will be ready to play when he’s eligible to come off the disabled list on Aug. 24. On Saturday, Ramirez took ground balls at third base during batting practice.

The Dodgers haven’t announced the corresponding roster move for Uribe yet, but Mattingly said it would be an infielder and that he would be in the clubhouse before the game.

Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times
Related Content
Comments
Loading