Sparks’ Candace Parker is best in jersey sales, but ...
This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links. See About archive blog posts.
Candace Parker tops the WNBA’s list of most popular player jerseys, based on sales during the regular season.
Perhaps that isn’t a surprise given how Candace began the season (see video above).
But we have no way of knowing if Parker’s jerseys brought in $3 million or $3,000, because the league doesn’t release figures. But then, neither does the NBA.
At least in terms of driving sales, Becky Hammon can’t beat Parker or Lisa Leslie, who came in at No. 2. Hammon can only beat them on the court in the Western Conference finals.
I still would like to know how Parker’s jerseys compared to Leslie’s. Here is the list:
1. Candace Parker -- Sparks
2. Lisa Leslie -- Sparks
3. Becky Hammon -- San Antonio Silver Stars
4. Janel McCarville -- New York Liberty
5. Essence Carson -- New York Liberty
6. Diana Taurasi -- Phoenix Mercury
7. Shameka Christon -- New York Liberty
8. Tamika Catchings -- Indiana Fever
9. Candice Wiggins -- Minnesota Linx
10. Tina Thompson -- Houston Comets
-- Debbie Goffa