Advertisement

Lake Forest

Fire Blamed on Faulty Heater: A $50,000 fire at a health club Tuesday night was caused by a malfunctioning heater in a sauna, county Fire Department officials said Wednesday. No one was injured in the smoky blaze, which was reported about 7:30 p.m. at Fitness for Life, Fire Department spokesman Craig Kinoshita said. He said the club was open for business, but that it did not appear that anyone was in the sauna. It took 45 minutes to control the blaze, in part because of heavy smoke and the maze-like structure of the two-story health club, Kinoshita said, adding that the facility will probably remain closed until repairs can be made.


Advertisement
Advertisement