Monday is New Year’s Day and the following will be closed in observance of the holiday:
* All county, state and federal offices.
* Schools, including colleges and universities. Public elementary, junior and high schools will reopen Jan. 2.
* County, state and federal courthouses.
* City and county libraries.
* Banks and savings and loans.
* City offices will be closed only on New Year’s Day with the following exceptions: In Buena Park, Cypress, Garden Grove, La Palma, San Juan Capistrano and Stanton, offices will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
Mail: All post offices will be closed New Year’s Day, and mail deposited in mailboxes on those days will be picked up according to the holiday schedule.
Trash: There will be no trash pickup by city or county refuse workers on New Year’s Day. Trash pickups will be a day late for the rest of the week.
Buses: Orange County Transit District buses will run on the holiday schedule on New Year’s Day. Call the district at (714) 636-7433 for information.
Parks: All city- and county-run parks will be open during regular hours on New Year’s Day.