Soiled Rags Cause Fire in Hotel

Firefighters quickly extinguished a small blaze in a laundry room of the Anaheim Hilton and Towers hotel about 3 a.m. Sunday after some guests were evacuated.

The fire was snuffed out in 20 minutes and damage was limited to about $1,500, firefighters said. The cause of the fire was attributed to "spontaneous combustion of soiled, greasy kitchen rags in a laundry room in the lower lobby area."

Fire officials said there was a partial evacuation of the hotel at 777 Convention Way, but they had no estimate of how many guests were involved. No one was injured, they said.

Thirty-six firefighters and six engines responded to the blaze, according to Fire Department officials.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
55°