About 25 people were evacuated from a commercial complex Tuesday after four people complained of nausea and headaches, including two firefighters sent to investigate the possible presence of hazardous fumes, authorities said.
None of the injuries were serious.
A Fire Department Hazardous Materials Incident Team did not detect any toxic or otherwise hazardous substances in the area and blamed the illnesses on an air-conditioning system.
"It appears that it's a sick building," said Fire Capt. Edward Gil of the complex at 25020 Stanford Ave. that houses offices and small warehouses.
"We've advised that they get someone in there to check out the air-conditioning system to see if they have any dead animals caught in there and to make sure it's circulating and filtering air properly," Capt. Joseph Graham said.
The county Health Department will monitor the building in the meantime, Graham said.