LOS ANGELES : Clint Eastwood Sued in Incident at Studio
A Los Angeles man sued actor Clint Eastwood and Warner Bros. for unspecified damages Thursday, alleging that the actor ordered studio security guards to handcuff him after he served the star with a subpoena in another lawsuit.
Mark Ryan, a registered California process server for Harris & Mason, contends in the lawsuit that he was unlawfully detained and interrogated for 70 minutes last month, said attorney Peggy Garrity, who filed the suit in Los Angeles Superior Court.
Warner Bros. spokesman Rob Friedman said: “I have no knowledge of the event, and we wouldn’t comment” on the lawsuit. Eastwood could not be reached for comment.
Ryan says he went to the studio’s Burbank lot Dec. 8 to serve Eastwood with court papers requiring him to appear as a witness in a suit by his ex-girlfriend, actress Sandra Locke.
Ryan contends that after he served the subpoena, Eastwood ordered him detained and threatened to have him arrested.