With President Clinton's disaster declaration, Ventura County homeowners, farmers and businesses that sustained flood damage can qualify for assistance. Programs include:
* Rental payments for temporary housing.
* Grants for minor home repairs.
* Grants for up to $12,600 for serious repairs or losses not covered by insurance or other programs.
* Unemployment payments for workers who lost jobs due to flooding.
* Low-interest loans as high as $200,000 for homes and $1.5 million for business property losses.
* Loans as high as $500,000 for farmers.
* Loans as high as $1.5 million for small businesses suffering cash flow problems related to flooding.
* For information or applications call: (800) 462-9029 or (800) 462-7585 (TDD) for the hearing and speech impaired. Call from 6 a.m. to midnight seven days a week.