Brad Globe, longtime head of marketing for director Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment, is joining DreamWorks SKG as head of consumer products.
Globe will oversee merchandising, licensing and promotions for DreamWorks, the new studio venture formed by Spielberg, former Walt Disney Studios Chairman Jeffrey Katzenberg and music mogul David Geffen. Globe will head a new unit called DreamWorks Consumer Products.
* James L. Dolan, 40, son of Cablevision Systems Corp. founder Charles F. Dolan, will become chief executive of the company, operator of the nation's sixth-largest cable TV system as well as American Movie Classics, Bravo and other cable networks. He had been chief executive of Rainbow Programming Holdings Inc., the subsidiary that runs the company's networks.
* Laurie Burke has been promoted to vice president of advertising and merchandising for Burbank-based Warner Bros. Records.
* Amy Basler has been elevated to market research manager at Bertelsmann Music Group and will oversee analysis of retail sales and radio airplay for the German conglomerate's domestic distribution arm in New York.
* Charles C. Ciongoli has been appointed to vice president of finance at MCA Records.
* Laura Ziffren has been named executive creative director at Fox Music.
* Jacobs & Gerber has named Joe Fellhauer associate creative director.
* Geoffrey Selzer has been named vice president of creative development for Disney Interactive's Edutainment & Multimedia group.
* Columbia TriStar International Television and HBO Ole have named Leo Perez general manager of Sony Entertainment Television.
* Lance H. Robbins has been named president of motion pictures and television at Saban Entertainment.
* Matthew Edelman has been named vice president of production and development at Marvel Films, a division of New World Entertainment.
* Richard J. Winters has been promoted to senior vice president and co-head of Hanson & Schwam's Television Department.
* ITC Entertainment Group has named Joseph Sangillo director of sales and David Bulhack account executive.
* Mark Rosebaum has been named vice president for finance for Worldwide Pay, Pay-Per-View and International Free Television.
* Valerie Van Galder has been named vice president of public relations for Turner Pictures. Susan Lucas has been named said western region sales manager for Turner Program Services, the domestic syndication division of Turner Broadcasting System.
* Rebecca Laurie Ford has been named senior vice president and deputy general counsel for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.
* MCA Inc. promoted Robert D. Hadl to senior vice president and general counsel.
* Keith Compton was named director of product development at DIC Entertainment.
* The Motion Picture Assn. named Nicholas Ware Latin America regional director.
* Matthew T. Gerson was appointed vice presidnet, public policy, for MCA/Universal.
* Virgin Interactive has named Jeanine Gaylord-Mouchawar senior product manager.
* Missy Halperin has been promoted to executive director, talent relations, and Kristen Guertin has been named manager, talent relations, for Fox Broadcasting Co.
* At Capitol Records, Ricky Mintz has been promoted to vice president, advertising and merchandising, Mike Weetman has been named vice president, strategic planning and financial analysis, and Heidi Grimm has been promoted to senior director and controller.