Cypress Restaurant Worker Burned in Kitchen Fire

Share via

A restaurant employee suffered first- and second-degree burns Sunday afternoon when a grease fire broke out in the kitchen.

Mu Hsu, 44, was taken to La Palma Intercommunity Hospital with injuries to his hands, arms and feet after the fire at China Best Restaurant in the 4700 block of Lincoln Avenue. The fire broke out shortly before 5 p.m., and no customers were injured, Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Scott Brown said.

“My understanding is [the burns are] not life-threatening,” Brown said. “We don’t know what actually caused the grease fire.”


Hsu was released from the hospital later, according to hospital officials.

The restaurant’s fire protection system and fast response by firefighters kept the damage isolated to the kitchen, officials said. The restaurant likely will be closed for several days, Brown said.