Wayne Fontes, Detroit--The cat with nine lives becomes a bump in the road.
* Rick Venturi, New Orleans--In the words of Jim Mora, Venturi didn't do diddly-pooh.
* Rich Brooks, St. Louis--He should have bought a better Christmas gift for Georgia.
* June Jones, Atlanta--Firing your starting quarterback early in the year is sure dumb.
* Dan Reeves, N.Y. Giants--Bring back Ray Handley, so George Young gets his puppet.
* Rich Kotite, N.Y. Jets--You would think he would have deserved one more year.
* Barry Switzer, Dallas--If the Cowboys want discipline and option plays, Lou Holtz is available.
* Dennis Erickson, Seattle--New owner means a new general manager and, just maybe, a new coach.
* Marty Schottenheimer, Kansas City--Mr. Peter Principle--good, but only so good.
* Bill Parcells, New England--The Big Tuna's fishing for more control.
* Dennis Green, Minnesota--Winning cures all--even troublesome reputations.
* Mike White, Oakland--Imagine a Raider coach leaving because of too many penalties.
* Bobby Ross, San Diego--If Ross fires his key assistants, Beathard got his way.
* Marc Trestman, San Francisco--The 49ers' offensive coordinator didn't please Bill Walsh.
* Ron Lynn, Washington--The Redskins' defensive coordinator was blamed for bad players.