Oxnard detectives issued warrants for two men believed to have been involved in the Jan. 19 shooting death of a 24-year-old Oxnard man.
Police believe that George Evangelista Doctolero, 19, and Mario Labrica Desequera, 26, were involved with killing Jose Basilan outside of John’s Rendezvous Restaurant in the 3700 block of Saviers Road.
The men had been arguing with a friend of Basilan’s when they allegedly pulled out a gun and fired. Basilan’s mother said after the shooting that her son was trying to protect his friend at the time.
Detectives are not saying which of the suspects they believe is the trigger man, said Oxnard Det. Doug Wiley.
There were several witnesses to the shooting who have already talked to police, Wiley said.
But police believe there are additional witnesses and are asking that those individuals contact either Wiley or Det. Mike Palmieri at 385-7604.