all day Movies
Revisit two of the more surreal films from your childhood: “The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T” and “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.” The screenplay and art design for “5,000 Fingers” may have been by Dr. Seuss but “Green Eggs and Ham” this is not. The imaginative film about a tyrant piano teacher delighted adults but terrified kids at the time of its 1953 release. The 1971 musical fantasy film “Willy Wonka” is based on the Roald Dahl novel; need we say more?
* “The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T” and “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,” New Beverly Cinema, 7165 Beverly Blvd. Sunday-Tuesday. Call for show times. $2.50-$5. (213) 938-4038.
all day Family
The Los Angeles Zoo’s Big Bunny’s Spring Fling includes bunny ear crafts, a bunny patch petting zoo, face-painting, live music by Bayou Seco, a scavenger hunt through zoo exhibits that feature egg-laying animals and photo ops with the Easter Bunny himself.
* Big Bunny’s Spring Fling, Friday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (Zoo closes at 5 p.m.) Scavenger hunt daily from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. throughout the zoo. Los Angeles Zoo, Griffith Park, at the junction of the Ventura and Golden State freeways. Spring fling activities included with admission: adults, $8.25; children ages 2-12, $3.25. Easter Bunny photographs $2. (213) 666-4090.
all day Arts and Crafts
Pasadena’s Spring Arts and Crafts Fair continues Sunday with more than 50 artisans, crafts, food, children’s activities, Easter egg hunts, a petting zoo and two stages of continuous musical entertainment for the whole family.
* Pasadena’s Spring Arts and Crafts Fair, Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Central Park, Fair Oaks Avenue and Del Mar Street. Free. (626) 795-0825.
all day Family
Knott’s Berry Farm’s Easter Eggmazement continues through April 19 with adventure mazes, hands-on craft activities for kids, the “Easter Beagle Egg Hunt” (hosted by Snoopy’s alter Easter ego), baby chicks hatching daily in the petting zoo, special foods and more.
* Knott’s Berry Farm’s Easter Eggmazement. 8039 Beach Blvd., Buena Park. 11 a.m.-7 p.m. daily. Park hours: 9 a.m.-midnight through Sunday; 9 a.m.-10 p.m., April 13-17; 9 a.m.-midnight, April 18; 9 a.m.-9 p.m., April 19. Adults, $35; children ages 3-11 and seniors, $25; children under 3 are free. All Southern California residents with ZIP Codes 90000 through 93599 pay $25. Proof of residency required. (714) 220-5200.
all day Home Tour
The California State Park Service is offering Easter Sunday tours of the beautiful 1929 Adamson House with its oceanfront gardens and Malibu Potteries decorative tile. The narrated one-hour tours will give a history of the Malibu coast, and tell of a fortune won and lost.
* Adamson House Tours, 10:30 a.m., 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. 23200 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu. Park at the Malibu Lagoon State Beach lot, Cross Creek Road and Pacific Coast Highway (on the west side of the creek). $6. Tours $2 (or free with parking stub for up to three people). (310) 457-8142.
9pm Pop Music
If you wonder why deejays have become the brightest stars of the electronic dance music universe, you can check out one of the best at the House of Blues. Los Angeles-based Keoki--now billed as Superstar DJ Keoki--will mark the release of his new album, “Inevitable Alien Nation,” with a display of his patented turntable wizardry.
* Keoki, House of Blues, 8430 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood. $15. (213) 848-5100.
FREEBIE: Violinist Bing Wang, L.A. County Museum of Art, 4 p.m. (213) 485-6873.