Wilson Named CEO at Delta Performance
* Gene C. Wilson is the new president and chief executive of Delta Performance Group Inc., a Mission Viejo business and management consulting firm. He was formerly president of Thomas Staffing Services Inc. and senior vice president with the parent company. Wilson has also been executive vice president and chief operating officer of ChemLawn Services Corp., held senior operations positions with Pizza Hut Inc. and spent 13 years with General Foods Corp.
* Edward E. McCown has been named vice president of manufacturing operations for Millennium Electronics Inc. in Laguna Beach. He has previously been manager, advanced manufacturing engineering at AST Computer; vice president, operations and product development at A+H International Products; and director of manufacturing at Voxel Inc.
* Patrick Hayes has been named general manager of Talega Associates LLC, which will manage development of the Talega master-planned community in San Clemente. Hayes was previously senior vice president and division manager of Pacific Bay Homes in Newport Beach.
* Lyn Gosz has been named vice president of marketing for Smartflex Systems Inc. in Tustin. Gosz joined the company in 1996 as director of strategic marketing and business development. Richard Bell has been appointed vice president of worldwide sales. Bell joined Smartflex in 1987 and has served as vice president of sales and marketing since 1993.
* Richard C. Oakley has joined the public finance firm of O’Connor & Company Securities in Newport Beach as senior vice president. Oakley was formerly a vice president with a Los Angeles-based public finance and investment banking firm.
* James J. McDonald Jr. has been installed as president of the Irvine Chamber of Commerce. He was senior vice president last year. McDonald is a partner in the labor and employment law firm of Fisher & Phillips LLP. He was a co-founding partner of the Orange County office in 1990.
* Lance Jackson has been appointed corporate controller for Irvine Sensors Corp. in Costa Mesa. Before joining the company, Jackson was vice president and chief financial officer for Carnot Technical Services Inc., an engineering contracting firm.
* Steven C. Mynsberge has been appointed to the California Hospital Building Safety Board. He is construction director for McCarthy in Newport Beach, which offers general contracting, construction management and design/build services.
* Timothy A. Kane has been named vice president of MBK Homes Ltd. in Irvine, a division of MBK Real Estate Ltd. He had been project manager. Before that, Kane managed an independent real estate consulting and appraisal company.
* Kenneth D. Simels has been named to the newly created position of director of business relations for Perigon Medical Distribution Corp. in Laguna Hills. Simels was previously general manager of the Perigon office in New Brunswick, N.J., and before that president of Brunswick Surgical Supply. Also, the company expanded its board from three to five members with the addition of Ron Kase and Jeremy Jones. Kase represents New Enterprise Associates and Jones is the former chief executive and chairman of Apria Healthcare Group. Ray Gash replaced Robert Rough on the board as representative for Center Street Capital.
* David A. McCoy has joined Log-On Data Corp. in the new position of chief operating officer. He was formerly executive vice president and chief operating officer at SC Bancorp, the holding company for Southern California Bank. Before that, McCoy held senior management positions with Bank of America, FinanceAmerica and AJ Acceptance Corp. In addition, Timothy M. Felde was named human relations director. He previously held the same position at Southern California Bank.
* G. Steve Hamm has been appointed managing partner for the Orange County market for PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP in Costa Mesa. The firm is the result of the merger of Price Waterhouse and Coopers & Lybrand. Hamm was most recently the managing partner for Coopers & Lybrand in Los Angeles.
* John E. Ross has been appointed senior vice president of operations and print head manufacturing for Anaheim-based CalComp Technology Inc.'s Sunnyvale location. Prior to joining CalComp, Ross was vice president and general manager of U.S. operations for Applied Magnetics Corp.
* Alan J. Whiley has been named office managing director of BDO Seidman LLP’s Costa Mesa office. He has more than 25 years’ experience providing audit, accounting, tax and business advisory services.
* John V. Sands III has joined Irvine-based Catellus Residential Group’s Merchant Housing division as a project manager for Los Angeles County developments. He was previously a project manager with the Orange County operations of Toll Brothers Inc.
* Dean A. Morrow has been appointed director of corporate finance for Crossroads Capital Partners LLC in Newport Beach. He was previously president of Morrow Financial Group Inc.
* Dennis Weiner has been named vice president of sales for the eastern United States for Magic Software Enterprises in Irvine. Before joining Magic, Weiner held several executive positions at Syntegra, the London-based systems integration unit of British Telecom.
* Peter F. Bastone has been elected a delegate for the American Hospital Assn.'s section for Health Care Systems. Bastone is president and chief executive of Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center in Mission Viejo.
* David D. Despard has joined FileNet Corp. in Costa Mesa as senior vice president of its new global professional services business. He has previously been with IBM Corp., Wall Data Corp. and Technology Service Solutions Corp.
* Albert Wong has joined Clarion Advanced Technology in Irvine as president. Wong was previously co-founder, chief technology officer, executive vice president of worldwide engineering and manufacturing and board member of AST Research Inc. After leaving AST in 1989, Wong founded Amkly Systems Inc., a manufacturer of personal computers for business. Clarion is developing a product that integrates car audio, computing functions, navigation and wireless communications within the dash of a car.