BUSCH GRAND NATIONAL
Kroger NASCAR 200
* Site: Clermont, Ind.
* Track: Indianapolis Raceway Park (oval, 0.686 miles, 7.5 degrees banking in corners).
* Race distance: 137.2 miles, 200 laps.
* Schedule: Thursday, first-round qualifying; today, second-round qualifying; race, 5:30 p.m. PDT (ESPN).
Discount Auto 200
* Site: Loudon, N.H.
* Track: New Hampshire International Speedway (oval, 1.058 miles, 12 degrees banking in corners).
* Race distance: 211.6 miles, 200 laps.
* Schedule: Saturday, qualifying; Sunday, race, 10 a.m. (TNN).
German Grand Prix
* Site: Hockenheim, Germany.
* Track: Hockenheimring (road course, 4.239 miles).
* Race distance: 190.8 miles, 45 laps.
* Schedule: Saturday, qualifying, 4 a.m. (Speedvision); Sunday, race, 4:30 a.m. (Speedvision; also Fox Sports West, 1 p.m.)
* Fast facts: Germany’s Michael Schumacher, the 1995 winner, recently signed a three-year contract with Ferrari for $42 million a season. He has four victories this year and 31 overall. . . . Canada’s Jacques Villeneuve, a seven-time winner last year en route to the series title, is winless this year. He is leaving Williams to join British American Racing for the 1999 season.
NATIONAL HOT ROD ASSN.
* Site: Kent, Wash.
* Track: Seattle International Raceway.
* Schedule: Today, qualifying; Saturday, qualifying, noon and 4 p.m. (ESPN2, 6:30 p.m.); Sunday, final eliminations (ESPN2, 4:30 p.m.).
* Fast facts: Cory McClenathan, a five-time winner this year, leads the top-fuel standings with 967 points, 35 more than Joe Amato. Chuck Etchells has a one-point lead over John Force in the funny car standings. Force has four victories at Seattle International Raceway.
CHAMPIONSHIP AUTO RACING TEAMS
* Next race: Miller Lite 200, Aug. 9, Lexington, Ohio.
INDY RACING LEAGUE
* Next race: Radisson 200, Aug. 16, Fountain, Colo.