* What did the mama melon say when her daughter wanted to get married? "You can't elope." (Hayley Hirsch, 5, Pacific Palisades, Marquez Charter Elementary)
* What kind of fish can't swim? Dead fish. (Trung Tran, 10, Garden Grove, Excelsior School)
* Why did the man put a shoe into the soup? To give it a little kick. (Rebecca Elbaum, 7, Calabasas, Heschel West Day School)
* What's the most famous wood in the world? Hollywood. (Wyatt Mills, 7, Malibu, home school)
* What do baseball vampires turn into? Baseball bats. (Rick Tobias, 11, Ridgecrest, Las Flores School)
* Why are some teachers cross-eyed? They can't control their pupils. (Kristina Oedman, 6, Marina del Rey, First Lutheran School)
KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.