* What did the male chili pepper say to the female chili pepper? "You're a spice girl!" (Torie Solomon, 8, Los Angeles, Stephen S. Wise School)
* What do you call a vegetable that falls into soapy water? A vegebubble. (Nicole Masnada, 9, Solvang, Solvang School)
* In what state did the girl buy her basketball uniform? In New Jersey. (Dana Kaye Levin, 8, Santa Monica, Roosevelt Elementary)
* Why is a baseball game like a pancake? Because its success depends on the batter. (Jenna Weiss, 8, Santa Monica, Newbridge School)
* Why are basketball players so disgusting? They like to dribble. (David Buchanan, 8, Moorpark, Campus Canyon School)
* Why did El Nino head for California? To find La Nina. (Mandip Kaur, 9, Los Angeles, Commonwealth Avenue School)
* SEND US A LINE: Kids, got a joke? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Include (print, please) your full name, age, hometown and school.