* Shawn Papazian has been appointed vice president, studio manager, of Ray-Art Studio in Canoga Park. Papazian, who had been the director of studio operations since 1998, will now oversee production activity on the studio's five sound stages. Ray-Art is an independent studio that rents round stage space to TV and movie producers, including the Aaron Spelling production "Charmed."
* Rick Finkelstein has been promoted from senior vice president, corporate development and strategic planning for Universal Studios, to president of Universal Pictures, Universal City, the company said. He will report to Stacey Snider, who was promoted to chairman of Universal Pictures earlier this month when co-chairman Brian Mulligan accepted a promotion to chief financial officer of parent company Seagram Co. Ltd.
* United Golf Products Inc., Chatsworth, announced three changes in key management including the return of founder and chairman Warren Levy as chief executive officer and president. Daryl Levy has been promoted from vice president of manufacturing to chief operating officer, and Edmund C. King has been hired as chief financial officer. King had been financial analyst and senior associate at Trouver Capital Partners, West Los Angeles.
United Golf Products designs, manufactures and markets golf equipment under its trademark Rawlings Golf.
* Juan Y. Forster, president and chief executive officer of Huntway Refining Co. of Newhall since 1979, said he would retire March 1, but will remain chairman of the board of directors.
Huntway operates oil refineries in Wilmington and Benicia.
* Larry Kurzweil has been appointed president and chief operating officer of Universal Studios Hollywood. Kurzweil, who had previously been in charge of the theme park's CityWalk area, is replacing Bob Brisco, who left this month to be the chief executive of online auto dealer CarsDirect.Com.
* Jeff Crawford has been named director of Non-Theatrical Sales for the Domestic Distribution division of Warner Bros. Pictures, Burbank, the company said.
In his new position, Crawford will be responsible for the domestic and international distribution and marketing of filmed entertainment to airlines, cruise ships, schools, institutions and the armed forces.
* Shirley M. Heidersbach has been named chief nursing officer at Encino-Tarzana Regional Medical Center's Encino Hospital, Encino, overseeing more than 200 staff nurses. Heidersbach had served as assistant chief nursing officer.
Encino-Tarzana Regional Medical Center is a 387-bed acute care hospital with two locations in the San Fernando Valley. It is a member of investor owned Tenet Heathcare.