The Los Angeles Times today launches what will be unparalleled coverage of high school, community college and small-college sports by a Southland newspaper.
Each morning, The Times is delivered to doorsteps and newsstands from Santa Barbara to San Clemente, Palos Verdes to Palm Springs. In the past, The Times had separate editions with sports staffs in Orange County, the San Fernando Valley and Ventura County providing in-depth local coverage.
Now the focus is to provide comprehensive coverage for all the schools in our region.
Readers will receive news, feature and game stories, notebooks, columns, scores and statistical leaders from across the region in a variety of packages each day.
The expanded coverage will be complemented with accompanying information on our Web site, www.latimes.com.
The Times will need continued cooperation from schools, colleges and universities with phone calls, faxes and e-mails.
The following is a breakdown of how to reach us:
* City Section schools as well as Southern Section schools in Los Angeles, the San Fernando, San Gabriel, Santa Clarita and Antelope valleys, the Glendale area, Westside and Ventura County should call (818) 772-3345 or (800) LATIMES, ext. 23345, or fax to (818) 772-3179.
* Schools in Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties, the South Bay, Long Beach and the Interstate 605 corridor should call (714) 966-5904 or (800) LATIMES, ext. 65904, or fax to (714) 966-5663.
* Colleges and universities should call the same phone and fax numbers listed above for their geographic region.
* If those numbers are busy, schools can also call our downtown office at (213) 237-7151 or (800) LATIMES, ext. 77151, or fax to (213) 237-7876.
* During the football season, The Times will compile statistical leaders. Statistics can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.