NEW YEAR’S EVE
Metro Link trains will have all lines operating with limited service.
NEW YEAR’S DAY
* Mail: All post offices will be closed, and no mail will be delivered.
* Banks: Banks and savings and loan institutions will be closed.
* Courts: All courts will be closed.
* Schools: Most public schools in Los Angeles County -- including those in the Los Angeles Unified School District -- will be closed.
* Government: All federal, state, county and municipal offices -- except those providing emergency services -- will be closed.
* Transportation: MTA buses will follow Sunday schedules, and Metrolink trains will not run.
* Trash: Regular trash collection for Los Angeles city residents will be postponed a day.