AT A GLANCE
* How they got there: Defeated Eastern Washington, 75-56, and Memphis, 70-53, in the first two rounds of the East Rutherford Regional at Kansas City, Mo.; defeated Pittsburgh, 63-51, in the regional semifinal and Saint Joseph’s, 64-62, in the regional final at East Rutherford, N.J.
* Leading tournament scorers: Tony Allen, 15.8 points a game; John Lucas, 13.5; Joey Graham, 12.8; Ivan McFarlin, 12.0.
* Leading tournament rebounders: McFarlin, 9.3 rebounds a game; Allen, 6.5; Graham, 5.8; Lucas, 3.3; Janavor Weatherspoon, 3.0.
* Key to the season: Coach Eddie Sutton added a key component to the Cowboys’ attack when Lucas transferred from Baylor before the start of the season. Lucas scored Oklahoma State’s final five points, including a game-winning three-point basket, in the Cowboys’ victory over Saint Joseph’s to reach the Final Four. Lucas leads the team in assists and is second in scoring.
* Key facts: During the regular season, Allen made 50.3% of his shots but only 28.8% of his three-pointers. In the NCAA tournament, Allen is shooting 57.1% from the field but only 25% from behind the three-point line. Oklahoma State is averaging 68 points a game in the tournament while shooting 52.5% as a team.
*--* Opponent Result Northwestern State W 90-62 Colorado State W 82-49 Pepperdine W 84-82 Texas San Antonio W 83-53 at Brigham Young L 76-71 SE Oklahoma State W 93-46 at Arkansas W 73-58 Texas Pan American W 96-61 Samford W 65-50 SMU W 89-54 Texas A&M; Corpus Christi W 84-52 at Texas Tech L 83-62 Oklahoma W 77-56 at Kansas State W 57-56 Colorado W 71-62 at Texas W 72-67 Texas Tech W 70-66 at Texas A&M; W 91-79 at Iowa State W 88-67 Kansas W 80-60 Baylor W 91-58 at Oklahoma W 65-52 Nebraska W 87-83 at Missouri L 93-92 at Baylor W 72-65 Texas W 76-67 Texas A&M; W 70-41 Iowa State-x W 83-75 Texas Tech-x W 82-77 Texas-x W 65-49 Eastern Washington* W 75-56 Memphis* W 70-53 Pittsburgh* W 63-51 Saint Joseph’s* W 64-62 * NCAA tournament x-Big 12 tournament