* at Pittsburgh 5, San Francisco 4: Adam LaRoche hit a go-ahead single in a three-run seventh inning, and the Pirates rallied to complete a three-game sweep. Pittsburgh has won 13 of its last 15 games against San Francisco and swept three-game series from the Giants in three consecutive seasons, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. San Francisco has lost four in a row.
* at Florida 7, Milwaukee 2: Matt Treanor hit a three-run homer, and the Marlins completed a three-game sweep. Florida has won four in a row and matched its best start after 34 games (20-14). The Brewers lost their sixth in a row. Carlos Villanueva (1-4) gave up seven runs in five innings to remain winless since his first start of the season April 4. His earned-run average rose to 6.46.
* Washington 8, at Houston 3: Willie Harris and Rob Mackowiak homered, and the Nationals, winning for only the third time in their last 15 road games, ended the Astros' five-game winning streak.
* at Atlanta 5, San Diego 4: Matt Diaz hit a bases-loaded single in the ninth inning. The Braves, who trailed, 4-1, after five innings, have won six in a row, all at home. The Padres lost their fourth in a row. Manny Acosta (1-1) recorded one out to get the win. Joe Thatcher (0-4) was charged with the loss.
* at Colorado 9, St. Louis 3: Matt Holliday had four singles, Jorge De La Rosa (1-1) scattered five hits over 5 2/3 innings and the Rockies earned a split of the four-game series. Kyle Lohse (3-2) struggled for a second consecutive outing.
* at Arizona 8, Philadelphia 3: Brandon Webb (8-0) became the first pitcher to win his first eight starts in three years.