Georgia abortion law: All the films and TV shows that shoot in the state
Two dozen film and television productions are underway in Georgia, where a new abortion law has been regarded as an attack against women in the state.
In early May, Republican Gov. Brian Kemp signed controversial HB 481, which bans abortions once a fetal heartbeat can be detected, into law. And the fallout has cast a critical eye on Hollywood, whose major studios are among those benefiting from the state’s generous tax incentives.
Though Hollywood’s response has been muted overall, some celebrities and creatives publicly admonished Kemp’s decision and planned to boycott or threatened to pull their projects from the state, where studios such as Warner Bros. AMC and others operate.
As pressure mounted in the following weeks — and as numerous conservative states enacted similar abortion bans — major studios such as the Walt Disney Co. and Netflix eventually addressed the issue and said they would reconsider their investments in Georgia should the law go into effect.
Here’s the list of productions currently underway in the state, according to the Georgia Department of Economic Development:
- “Conjuring 3” (Warner Bros.)
- “Fear Street” (Fox)
- “Greenland” (STX)
- “Holidate” (Netflix)
- “India Sweets & Spices” (indie)
- “One Heart” (indie)
Series, specials and movies
- “Ambitions” (OWN)
- “Bigger,” Season 1 (BET)
- “Christmas on the Square” (Netflix)
- “Dwight in Shining Armor,” Season 2 (BYUTV)
- “The Encounter” (Pureflix)
- “Greenleaf,” Season 4 (OWN)
- “Insatiable,” Season 2 (Netflix)
- “The Outsider” (HBO)
- “Ozark,” Season 3 (Netflix)
- “P Valley,” (Starz)
- “Robbie,” (Comedy Central)
- “Stargirl,” Season 1 (DC Universe)
- “The Walking Dead,” Season 10 (AMC)
Reality and documentary
- “Couples Court With the Cutlers” (syndicated)
- “Deadly Cult” (Oxygen)
- “Dish Nation,” Season 7 (Fox)
- ”Don’t Be Tardy,” Season 8 (Bravo)
- “Encore” (Disney+)
- “Good Eats: The Return” (Food Network)
- “Intolerable With Nancy Grace” (Oxygen)
- “Lauren Lake’s Paternity Court” (syndicated)
- “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta,” Season 8 (VH1)
- “Married to Medicine,” Season 7 (Bravo)
- ”Personal Injury Court” (syndicated)
- “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” Season 12 (Bravo)
- “The Plath Family” (TLC)
The complete guide to home viewing
Get Screen Gab for everything about the TV shows and streaming movies everyone’s talking about.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.