David Letterman delivers last Top 10 list in final show
It’s here -- David Letterman’s last Top 10 List.
(Spoiler alert: Don’t read on if you haven’t seen the show yet.)
The host of CBS’ “Late Show With David Letterman” taped his last show before retirement on Wednesday, and it included the final installment of his celebrated Top 10 list, which has become a nightly staple over the past 30 years. He had some help from some of his best-known guests.
The topic was “Top 10 Things I’ve Always Wanted to Say to Dave.”
Full coverage: David Letterman retires
10. Alec Baldwin: “Of all the talk shows yours is the one most geographically convenient to my home.”
9. Barbara Walters: “Dave, did you know you wore the same cologne as Muammar Gaddafi.”
8. Steve Martin: “Your extensive plastic surgery was a necessity and a mistake.”
7. Jerry Seinfeld: “Dave, I have no idea of what I’ll do when you go off the air ... you know I just thought of something. I’ll be fine.”
6. Jim Carrey: “Honestly, Dave, I’ve always found you to be a bit of an over-actor.”
5. Chris Rock: “I’m just glad your show is being given to another white guy.”
4. Julia Louis-Dreyfus: “Thanks for letting me take part in another hugely disappointing series finale.”
3. Peyton Manning: “Dave, you are to comedy what I am to comedy.”
2. Tina Fey: “Thanks for finally proving men can be funny.”
1. Bill Murray: “Dave, I’ll never have the money I owe you.”
DAVID LETTERMAN’S FAREWELL:
Inside the business of entertainment
The Wide Shot brings you news, analysis and insights on everything from streaming wars to production — and what it all means for the future.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.