Avocado smash gets fancy in this holiday party dip
Brilliant red pomegranate seeds add tangy pops of crunch to this creamy-chunky mix of avocados hot with jalapeños.
Fresh ingredients from Costco make for an easy and elegant from-scratch party menu that you can prepare in just a few hours.
Spicy Avocado Smash
15 minutes. Serves 12.
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded if you’d like, and minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Pretzel thins or other crackers, chips or crisps, for serving
- Combine the avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Use a potato masher or fork to smash into a coarse, chunky mixture. Fold in the pomegranate seeds and season to taste with salt.
- Dollop a spoonful onto the pretzel thins to serve.
The avocado smash can be refrigerated in an airtight container with plastic wrap pressed directly against the surface for up to 1 day.
It's a date
Get our L.A. Goes Out newsletter, with the week's best events, to help you explore and experience our city.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.