Fresh citrus turns this hot toddy cocktail into a cure-all
Whether this drink is boozed up or not, you’ll feel restored with its fresh blend of citrus and honey. The citrus slices bring brightness to each sip and you can eat them afterwards for an extra dose of vitamin C. For more color and complex flavor, use a variety of oranges, grapefruit and mandarins.
Citrus Hot Toddy
5 minutes. Makes 1 drink.
- 4 to 5 fresh citrus slices, peel and pith removed
- 4 tablespoons bourbon, whiskey or brandy (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup tea-hot water
- Stack the citrus slices in a mug.
- Stir the bourbon, honey, lemon juice and hot water in a liquid measuring cup, then pour over the citrus slices. Serve hot.
Los Angeles Times Food videos
The hulking rib bone pho at Sup Noodle Bar | What We're Into
We rank the best and worst fast food fried fish sandwiches
The must-order tarte tatin at Perle in Pasadena | What We're Into
The unpredictability of owning a restaurant during COVID-19 | Off Menu
Eat your way across L.A.
Get our weekly Tasting Notes newsletter for reviews, news and more from critics Bill Addison and Patricia Escárcega.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.