Fresh citrus turns this hot toddy cocktail into a cure-all
Whether this drink is boozed up or not, you’ll feel restored with its fresh blend of citrus and honey. The citrus slices bring brightness to each sip and you can eat them afterwards for an extra dose of vitamin C. For more color and complex flavor, use a variety of oranges, grapefruit and mandarins.
Citrus Hot Toddy
5 minutes. Makes 1 drink.
- 4 to 5 fresh citrus slices, peel and pith removed
- 4 tablespoons bourbon, whiskey or brandy (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup tea-hot water
- Stack the citrus slices in a mug.
- Stir the bourbon, honey, lemon juice and hot water in a liquid measuring cup, then pour over the citrus slices. Serve hot.
Los Angeles Times Food videos
How to make this extra limey guacamole
The best Black-owned coffee shops to visit in Los Angeles
Making no-waste chocolate at this L.A. Michelin-star restaurant
How L.A. schools feed up to 300,000 meals a day
How Tito's Tacos food is made
Testing gas and induction stoves to see which is better
Eat your way across L.A.
Get our weekly Tasting Notes newsletter for reviews, news and more.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.