Holiday Gift Guide 2014: 11 books for design lovers
Whether you’re shopping for an interior design fan, garden lover or the person who has everything, hands-on coffee-table books can provide an escape that no electronic device can replicate.
Here, we offer a roundup of 11 books that are worth giving to your favorite design enthusiast:
1. “Hand-in-Hand: Evelyn and Jerome Ackerman” by Dan Chavkin and Lisa Thackaberry, $55, Pointed Leaf Press
2. “Novel Interiors” by Lisa Borgnes Giramonti, $35, Random House
3. “Commune: Designed in California” by Roman Alonso, Steven Johanknecht, Pamela Shamshiri and Ramin Shamshiri, $60, Abrams
4. “Inspired by ...” by Kathryn M. Ireland, $45, Gibbs Smith
5. “Frank Lloyd Wright on the West Coast” by Mark Anthony Wilson, $50, Gibbs Smith
6. “The Gardener’s Garden,” $79.95, Phaidon
7. “California Moderne and the Mid-Century Dream: The Architecture of Edward H. Fickett” by Richard Rapaport, $65, Rizzoli
8. “The Artisanal Home: Interiors and Furniture of Casamidy,” by Anne-Marie Midy and Jorge Almada, $55, Rizzoli
9. “Robert Couturier: Designing Paradises” by Robert Couturier and Tim McKeough, $60, Rizzoli
10. “Vintage Industrial: Living with Machine Age Design” by Misha de Potestad, $45, Rizzoli
11. “A Frame for Life: The Designs of StudioIlse” by Ilse Crawford and Edwin Heathcote, $55, Rizzoli
Follow @lisaboone19 for design news
Love a good book?
Get the latest news, events and more from the Los Angeles Times Book Club, and help us get L.A. reading and talking.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.