Blue Man Group Ticket Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
1. The Blue Man Group Ticket Giveaway (the ¿Sweepstakes¿) is sponsored by Los Angeles Times Communications, LLC, 202 West 1st Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012 and Blue Man Productions, LLC, 3355 Las Vegas Boulevard, South Las Vegas, NV 89109 (“Sponsors”).
2. Void where prohibited by law and outside California. By entering, entrants agree to these Official Rules. Limit one prize per household. “Household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
3. Sweepstakes begins on September 6, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. PT and ends on September 6, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes promotion.
4. All entrants must be 18 years old or older and legal U.S. residents of California at the time of entry.
5. Employees of the Sponsors and the members of those employees¿ immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) and households (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
6. Look in the Las Vegas Travel Guide, which can be found in home-delivered editions of the September 6, 2012 Los Angeles Times, for a winning ticket voucher. If you have a winning ticket voucher, you are a winner, subject to verification. Ticket vouchers void if obtained outside authorized, legitimate channels or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Ticket vouchers void if forged, defaced, mutilated, or if they contain printing, typographical, production, mechanical, or other error.
7. One Grand Prize: The Grand Prize is a three-day, two-night trip to Las Vegas for two. Prize consists of round-trip airfare for two from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, two nights standard accommodations at Monte Carlo Resort and Casino, $100 dining gift cards valid at any Monte Carlo Resort and Casino restaurant and two tickets to Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino. Approximate retail value (¿ARV¿): $1,285. 100 First Prizes: Each First Prize is two tickets to Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino. ARV: $250. If you wish to choose an alternate prize instead of the First Prize, the alternate prize is a Blue Man Group t-shirt and two tickets to the 2013 Los Angeles Times Travel Show in downtown Los Angeles. ARV: $50. If you choose an alternate prize, you must make your election by no later than October 30, 2012. Total ARV of Grand and First Prizes: $26,285. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are approximately 1 in 659,380. Odds of winning a First Prize are approximately 1 in 6,594.
8. All details of all prizes will be at Sponsors¿ sole discretion. Winners assume sole responsibility for all costs associated with the prizes, including travel-related expenses not specifically provided for herein. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
9. Prizes are not redeemable for actual cash and may not be sold or bartered. Prizes may not be transferred or substituted except as otherwise provided herein and except that Sponsor in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
10. Any portion of any prize not used by any winner is forfeit and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize.
11. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsors¿ designee. Grand Prize winner and guest will be required to travel on identical itineraries including the same departure date and return date. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsors¿ sole discretion. Any changes after booking will be at the cost of the winner. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with prize are not eligible for upgrades, frequent flyer miles or any other promotional benefit. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the winner¿s possession. Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions. Standard black-out dates apply. Grand Prize air travel must be booked by 11/15/2012 and must be completed by no later than 12/31/2012. Airfare must be booked with six weeks¿ notice. Travel must be roundtrip. Any unclaimed and/or unused prize travel package or element thereof will be forfeited by prize winner and will remain the property of Sponsors. If, because of fluctuations in airfare or other variables, actual value of travel prize is less than stated ARV, difference will not be awarded to prize winner. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsors¿ air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier, and those of the Sponsors¿ accommodations provider. Blue Man Group tickets must be redeemed by no later than December 22, 2012. Book early to ensure availability. Sponsors not responsible if show cancelled or postponed for any reason, and no alternate prize will be awarded.
PRIZE CLAIMS/WINNER VERIFICATION
12. You are not a winner until you claim your prize, and your claim is verified. To claim your Grand Prize contact LindyF@blueman.com or call 702.697.1692. To claim your First Prize (pair of Blue Man Group show tickets), contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call702.697.1695. To claim an alternate prize contact email@example.com or call 702.823.2823. Potential winner must claim prize by no later than 11/15/2012. You will then be required to submit the original of your ticket voucher to claim your prize. Winning ticket vouchers will also need to be submitted by mail for verification to Lindy F, Blue Man Productions, LLC, 3355 Las Vegas Boulevard, South Las Vegas, NV 89109. If you do not have the original ticket voucher, you will not be eligible to win a prize. You should make a copy of your ticket voucher for your records. Sponsors must receive the original of the potential winning ticket voucher by no later than seven business days after the date you notify Sponsors you are a potential winner. Each potential winner is subject to further verification of eligibility.
13. Winners may be verified over the telephone and may be asked to provide Sponsors with valid identification. Acceptable identification includes a valid driver’s license or other valid picture ID showing name and address. Faxes will not be accepted. The winners may also be required to sign other legal documents, including tax forms and an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release. If so, any such forms must be signed and returned to Sponsors within seven days of the date Sponsors send them to winner and prior to participation in any prize trip. Failure to sign and return required documents by appointed deadlines will result in forfeiture of prize. Guests do not need to be18 years of age. However, we recommend the show to children ages 3 and older due to the percussive music, movement of the performers/props in the auditorium and as a courtesy to other patrons. It is up to the Box Office or Front of House Manager to admit children under the age of 3 into the theatre. If admitted, children under age 3 will be required to sit on the lap of their parent or guardian. Guests may also be required to sign and return Release prior to accompanying winner on prize trip.
14. If any potential winner: (a) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (b) declines to accept the prize, or (c) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Sponsors in their discretion may disqualify that individual.
15. By accepting a prize, winners grant Sponsors the right to publicize their names, photographs (including the use and appearance of winners’ photographs on Sponsors¿ respective web pages), likenesses, biographical information, e-mail addresses, voices and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
16. Entrants agree that Sponsors, and their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates and all of their directors, agents, agencies, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons: (a) are not responsible for errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for lost, misdirected, delayed, postage-due, illegible, mutilated or damaged ticket vouchers or prize claims, or for prize claims that for any reason are not received by Sponsors by the deadlines stated above; (b) are released from any and all liability related to this Sweepstakes and the receipt and use of the prize; and (c) will not be responsible for the inability to determine winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure.
17. Sponsors are entitled to interpret these Official Rules ¿ including but not limited to rules regarding entries, selection of winners, deadlines, restrictions on prizes, and eligibility ¿ and all of their decisions are final. By entering, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
18. Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at their sole discretion, Sponsors find such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner Sponsors determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsors; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Any person attempting to defraud or tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way will be ineligible for prizes. Any failure by the Sponsors to enforce any of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
19. Sponsors reserve the right to correct typographical or clerical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims at each prize level.
20. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
21. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules may be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of California, County of Los Angeles and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
22. For a copy of the final Winners List, send a request and self-addressed, stamped envelope to Cheryl Congdon Berkey, Blue Man Group Ticket Giveaway, Los Angeles Times, 202 West First Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Winners List will be available after September 30th, 2012 through November 30, 2012.