Police have arrested three more people in connection with last week’s violent demonstrations after a Donald Trump rally in San Jose. A fourth person is being sought.
Two San Jose teens, 16 and 17, were booked on a felony count of assault with a deadly weapon. They were not identified because they are minors. A third teen, age 16, of Milpitas, a city north of San Jose, was booked on a misdemeanor count of battery, according to a police statement.
Police released photos of a fourth person they are searching for and asked the public’s help in identifying him.
The arrests come a day after San Jose police identified three men already in custody in connection with the June 3 protests. The three were each booked on a felony count of assault with a deadly weapon. A fourth man was booked on a misdemeanor count of refusal to disperse, authorities said.
Police did not release details about what weapons the suspects were alleged to have used in the attacks.
The rally was one of several held in California before Tuesday’s primary election. Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, has typically drawn large crowds that often turn boisterous.
Dozens were arrested during demonstrations in Costa Mesa and Anaheim. Protesters in the Bay Area city of Burlingame temporarily blocked the real estate developer from entering a hotel for a speech. But the rally in San Jose appeared to be more intense.
A dozen or more people were punched, at least one person was pelted with an egg and Trump hats grabbed from supporters were set on fire. Some protesters banged on the cars of Trump supporters and chased after those on foot as they left the rally.
San Jose police said they identified the three teenagers through video footage that showed them separately attacking Trump supporters, some of whom were chased and tackled.
Times staff writer Matt Hamilton contributed to this report.
For more Southern California news, follow @latvives.