Advertisement

Fire rips through Boyle Heights strip mall

A fire sparked by a gas leak inside a laundromat heavily damaged a Boyle Heights strip mall, authorities said Friday.

About 75 firefighters tackled the blaze, which erupted around 1:47 a.m. at the single-story commercial building on the 2100 block of East Whittier Boulevard, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.

Advertisement

The fire heavily damaged the coin-operated laundromat and caused the front facade to collapse, making it dangerous for firefighters to enter the building. It took firefighters 59 minutes to extinguish the flames, the fire department said.

No injuries were reported.

For more local and breaking news, follow me on Twitter: @sarahparvini

ALSO

Advertisement
Advertisement