8 hospitalized, including 2 kids, for carbon monoxide poisoning in Bell Gardens
Eight people were hospitalized Tuesday, including two children in critical condition, for apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at a Bell Gardens home.
Firefighters were called to the 5500 block of Clara Street about 9:20 a.m., according to Los Angeles County fire Inspector Scott Elliott.
Two children were taken to a hospital in critical but stable condition, Elliott said. The other six people were taken to a hospital in fair condition, he said.
The source of the carbon monoxide was under investigation.
Start your day right
Sign up for Essential California for news, features and recommendations from the L.A. Times and beyond in your inbox six days a week.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.