Officials are warning drivers to plan ahead as Los Angeles braces for President Obama’s motorcade and the impact it will have on traffic as he moves from one appearance to the other.
Obama is scheduled to arrive in Los Angeles on Monday afternoon, with appearances at three fundraisers and a tour of DreamWorks Animation SKG on his itinerary.
The Los Angeles Police Department has released a guide listing areas to avoid. They include:
- Streets surrounding Los Angeles International Airport, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday
- Westwood and Beverly Hills (from the 405 Freeway to La Cienega Boulevard, and from Santa Monica Boulevard to Venice Boulevard), 4:45 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Monday
- Mid-City (Fairfax Avenue to Western Avenue and Beverly Boulevard to Pico Boulevard), 8 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. on Tuesday
- Glendale (Riverside Drive, San Fernando Road and Grandview Avenue to North Pacific Avenue; West Kenneth Road to Victory Boulevard, San Fernando Road, 5 and 134 Freeways), 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday
- Streets surrounding Los Angeles International Airport, 1:15 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday
Obama’s trip to L.A. is the last stop on a tour of the West Coast that included events in Seattle and the Bay Area.
A similar trip planned for September was scrapped because of the government shutdown and foreign policy issues.