“It's up to the organization to say they want to match that ridiculous contract that's out there," Anthony told reporters Sunday before practice with the U.S. Olympic team.
Anthony -- who has a three-year, $65-million contract with the Knicks -- also said of Lin, "I would love to see him back."
Even after signing veteran point guard Jason Kidd, New York Coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday the team expected to bring Lin back as its starter at the position. Since then, however, the Knicks have agreed to a sign-and-trade deal with Portland for point guard Raymond Felton.
The Knicks have three days from receiving the offer sheet from Houston to match the deal or move on without Lin, who became an international sensation while making just 25 starts with the Knicks last winter.
New York shooting guard J.R. Smith told Sports Illustrated on Sunday that it might not go over so well in the locker room if Lin returns to the Knicks making the kind of money he's been offered.
"I think some guys take it personal, because they've been doing it longer and haven't received any reward for it yet," said Smith, who recently re-signed with the Knicks for two years and $5.6 million. I think it's a tough subject to touch on for a lot of guys."