NBA TV rebroadcast Kobe Bryant's 81-point game on Tuesday. Bryant decided to give his thoughts on Twitter while watching the Lakers' 122-104 victory over the Toronto Raptors (on Jan. 22, 2006) for the first time.
"I can't believe I've never watched this game til now," wrote Bryant.
The Lakers were down early after giving up 36 points in the first quarter to the Raptors. Still Bryant noticed flaws in Toronto's defense.
"After my first bucket I realized their rotations weren't sharp or early," Bryant tweeted.
Now 34, Bryant noted he was able to fuel a younger metabolism with "pepperoni pizza and grape soda." The All-Star's diet is now based on staples of chicken, rice and broccoli.
Bryant shot 28 of 46 from the field (60.9%) and hit 18 of 20 free throws (90%) but had just two assists.
"Down 14, I'm heating up ... at this point I wouldn't pass a kidney stone," wrote Bryant, admitting he was looking to shoot first, second, third and fourth.
With the current Lakers struggling at 17-24, Bryant gave just a glimpse of his current state of mind.
"The look of frustration has become all too familiar lately," he wrote.
Bryant is new to Twitter but has racked up nearly 1 million followers. He gave an interesting perspective on what was his signature performance in the NBA:
- "After the 3rd quarter, [Lamar Odom] tells me 'You can't get 60,' then half way through he said 'You can't get 70.'"
- "This game was the 1st and only game my grandma has seen me play as a pro, on my late grandfather's [birthday] no less #countonfamily."
- 'The last [two minutes] of the game @laker fan reactions gave me goose bumps #countonkobe."
- "I knew I should have got a fresh hair cut for this game."
- "I felt like I was looking at a Salvador Dali painting #masterpiece."