Here's our look at the Trump administration and the rest of Washington
- President Trump tweets new attack on "Morning Joe," which quickly fires back
- White House defends Trump's coarse tweets, saying he "fights fire with fire"
- Trump will meet Russia's president in Germany. But will they discuss Russian meddling in the election?
- White House will fill FCC with crucial vote on net neutrality rules
- Justice Neil M. Gorsuch is pushing the Supreme Court to the right on guns, gays and religion
Former FBI Director James Comey said Thursday that then-Atty. Gen. Loretta Lynch urged him to refer to the investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails a “matter” instead of an “investigation.”
Comey said in his Senate Intelligence Committee hearing that he was confused by the request and that it was one of the reasons he felt the need to publicly announce his findings in the Clinton email case.
Comey said the other major factor was Lynch's meeting with former President Clinton on the tarmac of an Arizona airport. Comey said he had to announce his findings to protect the credibility of the FBI and the Justice Department.