Advertisement

San Carlos

A San Carlos man suffered only a bruised ego early Thursday morning when a Fire Department rescue squad was called to pull him from the chimney of his house, a Fire Department spokesman said.

Bill Nyerges, 22, apparently had been locked out of his home in the 8000 block of Hudson Drive and attempted to enter through the chimney. He got as far as the damper before he became trapped.

“Contrary to what Christmas stories say, you can’t enter a house through a chimney,” Fire Department spokesman Mel Davis said.


Advertisement