A 17-year-old boy was arrested and booked on suspicion of attempted murder Thursday afternoon in connection with Wednesday's shooting attack at a school bus in Carson, authorities said.
Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies said the youth was arrested in the lobby of the Compton Superior Court. They did not say why the youth was at the courthouse, however.
Another 17-year-old male, who had been arrested Wednesday for questioning in the shooting, was released to his parents Thursday, sheriff's deputies said.
Eight students from James Fenimore Cooper High School in San Pedro were in the bus at the time of the attack. Five shots hit the bus, but no one was injured.
Sheriff's deputies and school officials said the shooting was apparently gang-related.