Advertisement

COWAN HEIGHTS : House Damaged in Fire Caused by Short

A fire started by an electrical short caused about $65,000 in damage to a two-story residence on Sunday, authorities said.

More than 20 firefighters put out the 10 a.m. blaze in the 1180 block of Hyde Park Drive, fire officials said.

The owner of the house, Norman H. Bates, was at Lake Arrowhead when the fire broke out, County Fire Capt. Dan Young said.

A jogger passing by the house noticed smoke coming from vents on the roof and ran to a neighbor’s house to call for help.

Advertisement

Young said the fire started in an upstairs bedroom that had been converted into an office. “A desk lamp apparently shorted out and ignited some combustibles,” he said.


Advertisement
Advertisement