Advertisement

1 Killed, 2 Injured in Drive-By Attack

Three people were shot--one fatally--in a gang-related drive-by shooting early Saturday, police said.

Police were called to the 900 block of West Myrtle Street at 1 a.m. and found the three victims lying in front of a house. Investigators have identified them as members of a Santa Ana gang, said police Sgt. Dick Faust.

Lucio Hernandez, 23, had been shot in the upper body and was taken to Western Medical Center-Santa Ana, where he later died.

The other victims, 25-year-old Francisco Serratos and a 17-year-old youth, whose name was not released because he is a minor, were taken to UCI Medical Center in Orange. Serratos was in stable condition late Saturday, according to a hospital spokeswoman. No concrete information was available on the youth but his injuries were not thought to be life-threatening, authorities said.

Advertisement

Police said the victims, all Santa Ana residents, were standing with a group of people when a car drove up and several rifle rounds were fired into the group.

No description of the car is available and there have been no arrests.


Advertisement