* "Kringle's Window," a fantasy by Mark Medoff about a girl who searches for Santa Claus on the information superhighway and finds the true meaning of Christmas, at the Alternative Repertory Theatre, 1636 S. Grand Ave., Santa Ana. Previews today at 8 p.m; opens Friday at 8 p.m., continues Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 5 p.m., and Thursdays through Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 5 p.m. through Dec. 23. Tickets are $11 for the preview, $16 after that. (714) 836-7929.
* Learning Tree University presents "It's a Wonderful Life," by James W. Rogers, about a down-and-out man who gets to see what the world would be like if he never had been been born, at South Coast Community Church, 5120 Bonita Canyon Drive, Irvine. Friday at 8 p.m. and Saturday at 1:30 and 7:30 p.m. $5. (714) 442-0690.
* The Garden Grove Historical Society presents "A Welsh Christmas," an evening of songs, skits and readings from Dylan Thomas' "A Child's Christmas in Wales" by former members of the Grove Shakespeare Festival, at the historical society's headquarters, 12174 Euclid Ave., Garden Grove. Sunday at 7:30 p.m. $3 to $6. (714) 772-8305.
* The South County Youth Theatre presents "Scrooge," a musical version of "A Christmas Carol," at Aliso Niguel High School, 27652 Laguna Hills Drive, Aliso Viejo. Dec. 14 and 15 at 7:30 p.m. and Dec. 16 at 1 p.m. $5. (714) 495-2093.
* Mother Nature loans the materials for a Holiday Nature Craft Workshop Sunday from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Oak Canyon Nature Center, 6700 E. Walnut Canyon, Anaheim Hills. Recommended for ages 6 to 10. $6.50. (714) 998-8380.
* UC Irvine presents its annual Renaissance Yuletide feasts, re-creating the pomp and pageantry of the court of King Henry VIII with music by the UCI Chamber Singers and continuous entertainment by strolling mimes, minstrels, court dancers and serenading servants, in the Fine Arts Village Theatre, Bridge and Mesa roads on the UCI campus. Friday, Monday, Tuesday and Dec. 15 and 16 at 7 p.m.; Dec. 17 at 5 p.m. $29.50 to $41. Reservations required: (714) 824-2787.
--Compiled by Corinne Flocken and Ken Williams