Advertisement

Garage Fire Causes $140,000 Damage

A candle burning in an incense holder started an early morning fire Tuesday in an Oxnard garage, causing more than $140,000 in damage.

The 3:12 a.m. blaze at 1240 Elder St. damaged the garage, which had been converted into a sleeping area, as well as the house, Oxnard Fire Department officials said.

Damage was estimated at $100,000 to the structure and $30,000 to the contents. The blaze also spread to the adjacent house at 1250 Elder St., causing $10,000 in damage.

An Oxnard firefighter suffered second-degree burns on his foot and was treated at St. John’s Regional Medical Center in Oxnard.

Advertisement

No occupants of the houses were injured, authorities said.

Six Oxnard Fire Department engines responded to the blaze.


Advertisement
Advertisement