What time did the chicken wake up? Six o'cluck. (Christiaan Van Lepp, 9, La Can~ada Flintridge, Paradise Canyon Elementary)
* Why did the shy elephant paint her nails all different colors? So she could hide in an M&Ms; package. (Ilana Ruth Bevan, 6, Oxnard, Brooktree Academy)
* What did Mr. and Mrs. Fly name their son? Gnat. (Christian McLaren, 7, Lake Arrowhead, Lake Arrowhead Elementary)
* Why did the baby put pennies in his diaper? He needed to be changed. (Ryan Spitzer, 7, Newport Beach, Harbor Day Elementary)
* What do you get if you mix a horse, a shoe and a crab? A horseshoe crab. (Daniel Berk, 8, Calabasas, Chaparral Elementary)
* What runs but doesn't have legs? Water. (Omar Palma, 9, El Monte, Le Gore School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.