Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach is looking for English- and Spanish-speaking art enthusiasts to become volunteer docents. Training runs from Sept. 2 through June, once a week for three hours. A one-year commitment is expected after training. Information: Eleanor Reicher, (562) 437-1689.
* The Josephson Institute of Ethics, a nonprofit organization engaged in research and education for the improvement of the ethical quality of society, needs volunteers for data entry, word processing, writing, researching and general office work at the institute's office in Marina del Rey. Information: Lynn Boone, (310) 306-1868.
* Petersen Automotive Museum needs docents to conduct tours. Classes begin Aug. 9. Applicants must be willing to work two three-hour periods a month. Information: Helena Praks, (323) 964-6347.
* Los Angeles Suicide Prevention Center needs reliable people 21 and over with good listening skills for its 24-hour crisis line. A training class starts Saturday. Volunteers fluent in Spanish and English are especially needed. Information: Chuck Gubera, (310) 751-5373.
* Talk About Parenting With Shirlee Smith Inc., a nonprofit organization that produces a syndicated public access TV show at the City of Pasadena Government TV Studios, needs volunteers to be audience members for show tapings. Information: (626) 296-2777.
* Rancho Los Alamitos Historic Ranch and Gardens in Long Beach needs volunteers who enjoy working with children, teaching California history, conducting demonstrations and assisting with events and horticultural projects. Information: (562) 431-3541.
* Walden Family Services in Mission Hills needs foster parents to provide homes for abused or neglected children. Training and financial reimbursement are provided. Information: Julie Van Nest, (818) 365-3665.
* Barrio Action Youth and Family Center in Los Angeles needs volunteers to mentor at-risk youths and tutor them in English and math. Information: (323) 221-0779.
Information for this column should be submitted typed and double-spaced to Involvement Opportunities, SoCal Living, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053.