THE SAFETY ZONE: ACTION LOG
The Times Orange County publishes a daily list of police incident reports provided by local law enforcement agencies. The Times prints items as soon as departments make them available. Because many departments release incident reports only weekly, not every community will be represented in each day’s Action Log. Authorities from the following cities released incident reports Tuesday:
* Magnolia Avenue: A narcotics violation was reported in the 200 block at 2:31 a.m. Monday.
* Mallul Drive: An assault with a deadly weapon was reported in the 2100 block at 3:02 a.m. Monday.
* Valencia Avenue: A petty theft was reported in the 500 block at 11:16 a.m. Sunday.
* Birch Street: A grand theft was reported in the 200 block at 12:09 a.m. Saturday.
* Valley View Avenue: A stereo, wallet and briefcase were stolen from a black Honda Prelude in the 7000 block; reported at 11:48 a.m. Sunday.
* Commonwealth Avenue: A juvenile stole a pack of cigarettes from a convenience store in the 8200 block at 1:50 p.m. Sunday.
* Lincoln Avenue: A warrant arrest was made in the 6200 block at 12:30 a.m. Monday.
* Fielding Court: Report of a stolen 1999 blue Chevrolet Blazer in the 4000 block at 2:14 a.m. Monday.
* Hummingbird Avenue: Someone threw paint remover on the trunk of a car in the 8700 block; reported at 9:43 a.m. Saturday.
* Magnolia Street: A man honked his horn repeatedly for more than an hour in the 19000 block; reported at 7:38 p.m. Saturday.
* Champion Way at Jamboree Road: Lumber worth $2,000 was stolen from a construction site; reported at 8:12 a.m. Monday.
* Irvine Center Drive: A pair of prescription glasses were reportedly taken from the front passenger seat of a car while it was being serviced in the 8700 block at 5:02 p.m. Monday.
* Technology Drive: Someone claiming to be an AT&T; employee made numerous overseas calls after telling Concord Executive Services in the 10 block that he needed to check its lines; reported at 4:42 p.m. Monday.
* Pacific Coast Highway: Three men stole beer from an Albertsons supermarket in the 700 block at 1:03 a.m. Monday. They fled in a black Jeep Cherokee.
* Crown Valley Parkway at Central Park Drive: Report of a traffic accident with injuries at 8:05 a.m. Tuesday. Authorities said a 31-year-old woman ran a red light and rammed into an 85-year-old female driver. Both were transported to Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center in Mission Viejo for treatment.
* La Paz Road: A man claiming to be from a doctor’s office phoned in a fake prescription in the 27200 block at 8:50 p.m. Saturday. A check with the doctor revealed that he had never heard of the person. When the man arrived to pick up the medication, he was arrested.
* Novacella: A cellular phone was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 29700 block; reported at 8:20 p.m. Saturday.
* East La Habra Boulevard: Police were taking inventory of items stolen from about half a dozen vehicles that had been broken into at apartment complexes in the 1800 to 1900 blocks. The incidents were reported early Tuesday.
* Cantebury Lane: Report of a loud party in the 21000 block at 11:16 p.m. Saturday.
* Warwick Court: Report of fireworks being set off in the 26000 block at 4:59 p.m. Sunday.
* La Luna Drive: A resident of the 5100 block told police at 1:35 p.m. Sunday that when he returned to his residence after an absence of several days, he discovered that someone had apparently poured something on his lawn, killing it. Several neighbors in the area told police they had experienced a similar problem. Police questioned two juveniles who were seen in the area, but they denied killing the lawns.
* Windsong Avenue: Police freed a dog that had gotten stuck in an iron gate at a home in the 4700 block at 2:30 p.m. Monday. Neighbors called police when they noticed the dog struggling to get through the gate. Officers used a hacksaw to cut through one of the iron bars to free the dog, which had minor injuries to its paws.
* Orangethorpe Avenue: Police arrested a man on suspicion of vandalism and being drunk in public in the 5400 block at 3:15 p.m. Monday. Police said the man smashed his girlfriend’s car window as he was leaving a bar.
* Los Alamitos Boulevard: A gunman tried to hold up a gas station in the 10900 block at 1:08 p.m. Monday but was unable to steal anything. The suspect, a white male with blond hair in his early to mid-30s, drove off in a gold Cherokee.
* Empanada: A credit card and money was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 21000 block at 4:30 p.m. Monday.
* Pradera Drive: The La Paz Intermediate School snack bar was burglarized Sunday evening. Food and cleaning supplies were stolen and some lockers were vandalized.
* North Tustin Avenue: Officers responded to a bank robbery in the 900 block at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday. A man who made no effort to disguise his identity presented a note to a teller at the Bank of America. He fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
* Orange Freeway at the Santa Ana River: Report of drywall in northbound lanes at 11:07 a.m. Tuesday; it had fallen out of a vehicle. Traffic was backed up to Orangewood Avenue while authorities cleared the debris.
* Richfield Road: A burglary was reported in the 500 block at 7:07 p.m. Monday.
* Melrose Avenue: A grand theft was reported in the 1000 block at 5:40 p.m. Monday.
* 1st Street at Marina Drive: Three people reported hearing shots fired at a nearby park at 10:39 p.m. Sunday. Police were unable to find the source of the gunfire.
* McFadden Avenue: Two 12-packs of beer were stolen from a convenience store in the 17100 block at 1:16 a.m. Saturday.
* Kenyon Drive: Report of someone playing loud music in the 17000 block at 1:30 a.m. Saturday. Officers advised the residents to turn down the volume.
* Hazard Avenue at Beach Boulevard: Two men were arrested on suspicion of purse snatching at 6:45 p.m. Monday. Police said the armed men stole a purse and cartons of cigarettes from a minimarket in the 6900 block of Westminster Boulevard at 3 a.m. Monday.
* Westminster Boulevard: Four men stole three cases of beer from a gas station in the 6300 block at 2:03 a.m. Sunday.
* Via del Cazador at Via del Conejo: Vandalism was reported at 12:18 p.m. Saturday.
* Lake Forest Lane: A petty theft was reported in the 16000 block at 1:13 p.m.
Authorities from the following cities did not release incident reports Tuesday: Costa Mesa, Dana Point, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Laguna Hills, Laguna Woods, Newport Beach, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Stanton and Villa Park.