* AT STAKE -- NFL championship for the Vince Lombardi trophy.
* PARTICIPANTS -- Philadelphia Eagles (NFC) and New England Patriots (AFC). This is the fifth appearance for New England and the second for Philadelphia.
* SITE -- Alltel Stadium, Jacksonville, Fla. This is Jacksonville’s first Super Bowl.
* SEATING CAPACITY -- 76,877.
* WHEN -- Feb. 6, 3:25 p.m. PST.
* NETWORK COVERAGE -- By Fox TV to more than 200 stations throughout the United States, plus Bermuda and Guam.
By CBS Radio/Westwood One to 500 stations within the United States. Armed Forces Television will also broadcast throughout the world.
The game will be distributed internationally by the NFL and NFL International to 230 countries.
* PLAYERS’ SHARES -- Winners: $68,000 per man. Losers: $36,500.
* UNIFORMS -- Philadelphia will be the home team, will use the west bench and will have its choice of wearing its colored or white jerseys.
* SUDDEN DEATH -- If the score is tied after the regulation 60 minutes, it will continue in sudden-death overtime. The team scoring first will win.
At the end of regulation playing time, the referee will toss a coin at the center of the field. The captain of the Eagles, the home team, will call the toss. After a three-minute intermission, play will continue by 15-minute periods with a two-minute intermission between overtime periods. The teams will change goals after each period and there will be a two-minute warning in each period.
* OFFICIAL TIME -- The scoreboard clock will be official.
* OFFICIALS -- There will be seven officials and two alternates appointed by the commissioner’s office.
* TROPHY -- The winning team receives permanent possession of the Vince Lombardi trophy, a sterling silver trophy created by Tiffany & Company and presented annually to the winner of the Super Bowl. The trophy was named after the late coach Vince Lombardi of the two-time Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers before the 1971 Super Bowl. The trophy is a regulation-size silver football mounted in a kicking position on a pyramid-like stand of three concave sides. The trophy stands 20 3/4 inches tall, weighs 6.7 pounds and is valued in excess of $25,000. The words “Vince Lombardi” and “Super Bowl XXXIX” are engraved on the base, along with the NFL shield.
* ATTENDANCE -- To date, 2,984,890 have attended Super Bowl games. The largest crowd was 103,985 at the 14th Super Bowl at the Rose Bowl.