* at Colorado 7, San Diego 5: Brad Hawpe’s 18th homer, a two-run shot off Cla Meredith, capped a five-run eighth-inning rally for the Rockies. Matt Holliday hit a three-run homer, his 17th, off right-hander Scott Linebrink (3-3) with one out in the eighth, erasing a 5-2 deficit. Backed by Milton Bradley’s third homer and Kevin Kouzmanoff’s 10th, Padres starter Greg Maddux left with a 5-2 lead after six innings in which he gave up two runs and five hits.
* at Arizona 4, Florida 3: Dontrelle Willis (7-10) gave up four runs, including Orlando Hudson’s two-run homer, and lost his career-high seventh straight decision. Willis is 0-7 in 10 starts since winning at Wrigley Field on May 29.
* Atlanta 4, at San Francisco 2: Brian McCann hit a three-run double in the first to stake John Smoltz (10-5) to a quick lead. Mark Sweeney’s pinch-hit double leading off the seventh for the Giants tied him with Manny Mota for second place with 150 pinch-hits, trailing only Lenny Harris (212).
* at Cincinnati 2, Milwaukee 1 (12 innings): Aaron Harang pitched 10 innings and Javier Valentin’s single in the bottom of the 12th inning sent the Reds to the win.
* Dodgers 10, at Houston 2: Chad Billingsley pitched a five-hitter and Jeff Kent had four hits and two RBIs.