BEST OF THE REST
* Memphis 38, at Rice 35: Martin Hankins threw a 45-yard touchdown pass to Maurice Jones in the fourth quarter and the Tigers (3-4, 2-1) held on to defeat the Owls (1-6, 1-2) in a Conference USA game at Houston.
* at Central Florida 44, Tulsa 23: Running back Kevin Smith had 170 yards in 33 carries with four touchdowns as the Golden Knights (4-3, 2-1) rolled to a win over the Golden Hurricane (4-3, 2-2) in C-USA game at Orlando.
* Houston 49, at Alabama Birmingham 10: Anthony Aldridge ran for 117 yards in 17 carries and scored two touchdowns to lead the Cougars (4-3, 3-1) over the Blazers (2-5, 1-2) in a C-USA game.
* Tulane 41, at Southern Methodist 34 (OT): Matt Forte scored on a nine-yard run in overtime and finished with a Conference USA-record 342 yards in 38 attempts to lead the Green Wave (2-5, 1-2) over the Mustangs (1-6, 0-3) at Dallas.
* North Carolina State 34, at East Carolina 20: Daniel Evans threw for 335 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Wolfpack (2-5) to a victory over the Pirates (3-3) at Greenville, N.C.
* at Temple 24, Miami (Ohio) 17: Backup quarterback Vaughn Charlton threw a key touchdown pass to Bruce Francis in the third quarter as the Owls (3-5, 2-2) won their third straight game for the first time since 1990, beating the RedHawks (4-4, 2-1) in a Mid-American Conference game at Philadelphia.
* Ball State 27, at Western Michigan 23: Frank Edmonds scored on a one-yard touchdown run with 1:07 left as the Cardinals (5-3, 2-1) defeated the Broncos (3-5, 2-1) in a MAC game at Kalamazoo.
* Bowling Green 31, at Kent State 20: Willie Geter ran for 203 yards and scored the game’s first touchdown as the Falcons (4-3, 2-1) beat the Golden Flashes (3-5, 1-3) in a MAC game at Kent, Ohio.
* at Toledo 43, Ohio 40: Alex Steigerwald kicked a 40-yard field goal as time ran out to give the Rockets (3-5, 1-3) the victory over the Bobcats (3-5, 1-3) in a MAC game at Toledo, Ohio. Jalen Parmele ran for 241 yards and two touchdowns for Toledo.
* at Troy 45, North Texas 7: Omar Haugabook threw three touchdown passes but also had four interceptions as the Trojans (5-2, 4-0) survived seven turnovers to defeat the Mean Green (1-6, 1-3) in a Sun Belt Conference game at Troy, Ala.
* at Middle Tennessee 24, Arkansas State 7: Taron Henry caught two touchdown passes and Rod Isaac returned a fumble 42 yards for another score to lead the Blue Raiders (3-5, 2-1) over the Indians (3-4, 1-2) in a Sun Belt game at Murfreesboro.
* Florida Atlantic 39, at Louisiana Lafayette 32 (OT): Rusty Smith passed for 308 yards and four touchdowns, including the one that tied it at the end of regulation, and Charles Pierre scored from one yard in overtime as the Owls (4-3, 3-0) beat the Ragin’ Cajuns (1-7, 1-3) in a Sun Belt game.
* at Louisiana Monroe 28, Florida International 14: Darrell McNeal scored three touchdowns and Kinsmon Lancaster threw for 237 yards to lead the Warhawks (2-5, 2-2) over the Golden Panthers (0-7, 0-3) in a Sun Belt game at Monroe.
* Western Kentucky 56, at Indiana State 7: The Hilltoppers (4-3) scored on their first seven possessions and routed the Sycamores (0-8) at Terre Haute.