Southland evacuation areas; road and school closures
The fires that have swept through Southern California forced hundreds of thousands of residents to evacuate, triggered numerous road closures and prompted school officials to cancel classes throughout the region. Below is a partial list of closures in the region. For the latest updates, check www.latimes.com.
All four national forests in Southern California -- the Angeles, San Bernardino, Cleveland and Los Padres -- are closed to the public until the extreme fire conditions subside. The closures apply to all national forest recreational facilities, roads and hiking trails. Violators are subject to fines and/or arrest.
Some county roads and state highways, including Angeles Crest Highway, will remain open to through-traffic.
But drivers are urged to use extreme caution and be aware of any fire activity in the area. Individuals or organizations with special-use permits for sanctioned activities are exempt from the order.
In the San Bernardino National Forest, access is still allowed to the Serrano Campground, the Alpine Pedal Path and the Juniper Point Parking Area. Visitors must remain vigilant and obey current fire restrictions, including no smoking and no wood or charcoal fires anywhere on the forest.
For more information about the forests, contact the Fire Information Centers:
* Angeles National Forest: (626) 821-6700
* San Bernardino National Forest: (909) 383-5688
* Cleveland National Forest: (619)590-3160
* Los Padres National Forest: (805) 961-5770
Los Angeles County
* Schueren Road from Piuma Road to Stunt Road
* Pacific Coast Highway from Las Flores Canyon Road to Webb Way
* Glendora Mountain Road from Big Dalton Road to East Fork
* Bouquet Canyon Road from Shadow Valley Lane to Vasquez Canyon Road
* Briarbluff Drive from Rambla Pacifico to Hume Road
* San Francisquito Canyon Road from Calle Daggett to Spunky Canyon Road
* Carbon Canyon Road at Pacific Coast Highway
* Big Rock Drive at Pacific Coast Highway
* Chiquito Canyon Road from SR126 to Hunstock Avenue
* Del Valle from Hunstock Avenue to Hasley Canyon Road
* Hasley Canyon Road from Del Valle Road to Commerce Center Drive
* Bouquet Canyon Road from Vasquez Canyon Road to Spunky Canyon Road
* San Francisquito Canyon Road from Copper Hill Drive to Calle Daggett
* Vasquez Canyon Road from 1000 feet east of Bouquet Canyon Road to Sierra Highway
* Piuma Road from Malibu Canyon Road to Rambla Pacifico
* Las Flores Canyon Road from Pacific Coast Highway to Rambla Pacifico
* Tuna Canyon Road from Saddlepeak Road to Pacific Coast Highway
* Golden State Highway from Templin Highway to 5.2 miles north of Templin Highway
* Vasquez Canyon Road from Bouquet Canyon Road to 1000 feet east of Bouquet Canyon Road
* Malibu Canyon Road from Pacific Coast Highway to Mulholland Highway
For more information, check https://lacounty.info/
* Saugus High School, 21900 Centurion Way
* Golden Valley High School, 27051 Robert C. Lee Parkway, Santa Clarita
* Malibu High School, 30251 Morning View Drive, Malibu
* Goodenough Road at Griffin Drive in Fillmore
* C Street between Old Telegraph and Meadowlark in Fillmore
* Piru Canyon at Orchard
* Piru Canyon at Lake Piru
For more information, check https://fire.countyofventura.org
* Piru, Piru Canyon, Hasley Canyon, Oak Canyon and the eastern edge of Fillmore
* Fillmore Veterans Memorial Building, 511 2nd St.
* Fillmore and Piru schools
Canyon areas off Santiago Canyon Road between Silverado Canyon Road and Live Oak Canyon Road, including the Santiago Estates area and Jackson Ranch Road. Areas along Live Oak Canyon Road through the Trabuco Canyon area, including O’Neill Regional Park to Trabuco Creek Road are also included.
* El Toro High School, 25255 Toledo Way, Lake Forest
* El Modena High School, 3920 Spring St.,Orange
* Santiago Canyon to Cooks Corner
* Santiago Canyon at Modjeska Grade
* Live Oak Canyon Road between Santiago Canyon Road and Plano Trabuco and Robinson Ranch roads
* Northbound Plano Trabuco Road closed at Robinson Ranch Road to prevent entry into Trabuco Canyon
For more information, check www.ocfa.org
* Foothill Ranch, Portola Hills and Trabuco elementary schools will be closed today
San Diego County
* Throughout San Diego County. For more information, check www.sdcdpw.org
* Fairbanks Ranch, about 1,200 homes
* Julian, Pine Hills Road and Wynola Road
* La Jolla Indian Reservation
* Wildcat Canyon and Muth Valley
* Southwest Escondido from Via Rancho Parkway north to Hamilton Lane and west to Valley Parkway, including the Summercreek subdivision
* Northeast Escondido in the Mountain View area north to Citrus Avenue up to Bear Valley Parkway and continuing up to Lake Wohlford Road, including the Hidden Trails area
* Valley Center, near the Bear Valley area
* Poway from Twin Peaks Road to the south, Midland Road to the west, the San Diego Aqueduct to the east and Lake Poway Road to the north
* Rancho Santa Fe, portions of Leucadia, as well as the Olivenhain Dam area
* Lakeside at 13100 Willow Road
* Rolling Hills, San Miguel, East Lake Woods
* Escondido High School at 1535 North Broadway
* Santana High School, 9915 Magnolia Ave., Santee
* Mira Mesa High School, 10510 Reagan Road
* Steele Canyon High School, 12440 Camp Road, Spring Valley
* Campo Community Center, 976 Sheridan Road, Campo
* Mission Hills Church at 400 Mission Hills Court in San Marcos
* Chula Vista High School at 820 4th Ave.
* Valley Center High School at 31322 Cole Grade Road
* Mount Carmel High School at 9550 Carmel Mountain Road
* Poway Community Park at 13094 Civic Center Drive
Evacuation centers for animals:
* Lakeside Rodeo Grounds at Highway 67 and Mapleview Street
* San Diego County Fairgrounds in Del Mar
* Gillespie Field at 1960 Joe Crosson Drive, El Cajon
* All San Diego County public schools, UC San Diego, San Diego State University (except Imperial Valley campus), Cal State San Marcos and Southwestern College will be closed until Monday
San Bernardino County
* Green Valley Lake
* Running Springs
Grass Valley fire
* Lake Arrowhead
* Cedar Glen
* All communities from Crestline east to Grass Valley Lake and the Snow Valley area
* Lytle Creek Ranger Station
* All roadways into the San Bernardino Mountains are closed to upbound, non-emergency traffic, including SR 18 from 48th St. to Big Bear Dam, SR 330 from Highland Avenue to Running Springs, and SR 138 at SR 173. For more information, check www.sbcounty.gov
* National Orange Show Fairgrounds, 689 South E St., San Bernardino
Victorville Fairgrounds, 14800 7th St., Victorville .
* Rim of the World Unified School District schools.
Start your day right
Sign up for Essential California for news, features and recommendations from the L.A. Times and beyond in your inbox six days a week.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.