* at Minnesota 11, Seattle 8: All-Star closer Joe Nathan left the bases loaded in the final two innings for his 33rd save and the Twins, after nearly blowing an 8-0 lead, held on to complete a sweep of the Mariners and stay tied with the White Sox atop the Central Division.
* Chicago 13, at Oakland 1: Carlos Quentin took over the major league lead with his 34th home run and drove in four runs, Alexei Ramirez hit a grand slam and the White Sox won a series in Oakland for the first time in eight years.
* Tampa Bay 7, at Texas 4: B.J. Upton, benched Saturday for lack of hustle, homered and drove in three runs in his return to the lineup. Scott Kazmir gave up two runs in six innings as the Rays increased their Eastern Division lead to 4 1/2 games over Boston.
* at New York 15, Kansas City 6: Jason Giambi hit a grand slam, Alex Rodriguez hit a three-run homer and drove in five runs, and the Yankees salvaged a split of the 10-game season series with the Royals.
* Baltimore 16, at Detroit 8: Melvin Mora and Luke Scott hit two home runs apiece for the Orioles, who had season highs in hits (22) and extra-base hits (12). Mora had five hits and a career-high six runs batted in.
* Toronto 15, at Boston 4: Alex Rios had five hits, matching a Blue Jays club record with four doubles.
* at Cleveland 4, Angels 3: Jeremy Sowers pitched 6 2/3 innings to win for the first time in five starts and only the second time this season.